Thursday, September 11, 2008

hoorah to the urban centers

So the time has come - I asked the boss if I could retain my position and go, and the answer was a trivial 'yes'. And actually that leaves me with a LOT more work to do than before.

For one, I can get the hell out of this crap apartment. It's served it's purpose... many a time I have looked out my windows onto the huge view before me, lit a fire in the fireplace, and watched Entourage or British comedy in the same humble abode with a girlfriend or someone random.

But today marks something a lot different - I am, almost certainly, moving on. I have the cash, I have the interest and mostly I freakin have to if I am to save my sanity. Yes, I have issues that man, I don't know how to overcome... that SF has given me. Well, this kind of crap happens to everyone - maybe I didn't sign up for it via wreckless behaviour had as much as everyone else... but hell, its the way it goes.

Remember - I can come back into the city at any point. I can work in the peninsula or across the bridge or in the city at any point, too (I have more or less been offered jobs in all these locations without solicitation anyway so there ya go).

So here we go - I need to journal everything from here on out even if it feels like its lame. Maybe I will write it "Cold Mountain" style... like a love poem. Maybe then things will have some merit, my sweet Adelia! I can still smell your hair in my bloody, war torn nostrils after the damn yankees blew apart my leg and favorite groin part! But I know our love will persist, Adelia, even if I have not the appendages to fulfill your yearning. We will find a way, together, even if I have to employ the carpenter, the blacksmith and the priest (to bless it) - we can find a way to satisfy your temptations!

Now where in the hell did that come from? I should probably get one of those 'past life channelers' to visit me and sell me some $10k books on how to get more information on this crazy past.

No comments: